Time is an important commodity. It’s so important that people pay you for it. Once a moment has passed, it’s passed. So it’s fundamental to make everything count. In today’s post, I’m going to be talking to you guys about how you should be investing your time in 2018. Towards the end of last year, I realised that I wasn’t able to accomplish certain things, simply because other things were taking up my time. Things that weren’t my focus, got in the way of my passions. As a result, when things like this happen, I tend to feel a bit meh!
You should consider how you spend your time in all areas of your life. Work, relationships, friendships, hobbies and interests. Work out what areas you want to dedicate most of your attention too. Did working your 9-5, which has turned into 9-9 stop you from working on that business plan? Did getting a new boyfriend cause you to lose your mind, and not focus on the things you need to do? Are you still chilling with the same negative people, who are always knocking your plans and not supporting your achievements? You need to check it!
In the digital space, your time translates into ‘attention’. You spend a ‘period’ paying ‘attention’ to content you consume. And if you’re really paying attention, you become influenced by it and act upon it. Ie. Buy that dress you saw in that YouTube video. Therefore ‘attention’ has become a valuable commodity (marketing & advertising) – as it’s foundation is time. The things you pay attention to, take up your time. So in my humble opinion, we should be treating time as an investment – just as you would invest money.
So how should you be doing this? Start off with your foundations, such as friends and family. These people are important, and with good people around you, they can help you stay grounded. Or they can pull you down. I spoke about what I learnt about friendships in my latest post ’17 Things I learnt in 2017′, and I had a whole section dedicated to this. To summarise, not every friend is going to be happy for you when you’re making moves, or support you, or encourage you. Moonwalk away from these people and surround yourself with like-minded people. With family, make time for them, because family is family!
When it comes to achieving your goals, and accomplishing what you need to do for 2018, have you made a plan? You know what they say, ‘If you fail to plan, you plan to fail’. Make a list of what you want to achieve. But don’t just write a list, research and plan how to achieve it! Then set deadlines. Say goodnight to the negative people, and good riddance to procrastination. Spend time doing what you love, with the people you love! So let’s go over some tips!
Goal Setting for 2018
- Goals – Set your goals, write them down with deadlines. Then research how to, and work out what you need to, along with TIME-frames to accomplish them. Be realistic!
- People – Surround yourself with like-minded people, who you can chill and have fun with. But also build you up, offer you advise, encourage you when you need it. Iron sharpens iron!
- ‘Life-Extending’ Activities – Remember to take care of you. Go to the gym weekly (talking to myself), eat healthily. Focus on your frame of mind, and sleep. This year sleep is my best friend.
- Adding to your Skills – In this life, we are forever learning. Make time to learn any skills to add to your profile, and help you towards your goals.
- Finacial Management – How are your finances looking? Spend time making it look right if it isn’t. Make sure you’re saving a sufficient amount for your future endeavours. And make investments, to add to your passive income.
- You – Make time for you! Spend time with yourself, relax and recharge. Work on being a better version of you!
Coat – French Connection- Old (Similar)
Jumper – & Other Stories
Jeans – ASOS
Sunglasses – Les Specs
Bag – Louis Vuitton
Shoes – Aquazzura (Similar)